Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Cas No.:||9004-32-4||E Number:||E466|
|Appearance:||Off White Powder|
Application of Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) in Food Industry
Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose was first used in the production of instant noodles in China. With the development of my country’s food industry, CMC has more and more applications in food production. Different characteristics play different roles. Today, it has been widely used. It is used in many food industries such as cold drinks, cold food, instant noodles, lactic acid bacteria drinks, yogurt, fruit milk, fruit juice, etc.
1. The function of CMC in food production
1. Thickening: high viscosity can be obtained at low concentration. It can control the viscosity during food processing, and at the same time give the food a smooth feeling.
2. Water retention: reduce the syneresis of food and extend the shelf life of food.
3. Dispersion stability: maintain the stability of food quality, prevent oil and water layer (emulsification), control the size of crystals in frozen food (reduce ice crystals).
4. Film-forming property: A layer of glue film is formed in the fried food to prevent excessive absorption of grease.
5. Chemical stability: It is stable to chemicals, heat and light, and has certain anti-mildew properties.
6. Metabolic inertness: As an additive to food, it will not be metabolized and does not provide calories in food.
7. Odorless, non-toxic and tasteless.
2. The performance of food grade CMC
CMC has been used as an additive in the edible industry for many years in my country. Over the years, manufacturers have continuously improved the inherent quality of CMC.
A. The molecules are evenly distributed, and the volume proportion is heavier;
B. High acid resistance;
C. High salt tolerance;
D. High transparency, very few free fibers;
E. Less gel.
3. The role in different food production and processing
(1) The role of (ice cream) in the production of cold drinks and cold food:
1. Ice cream ingredients: milk, sugar, emulsion, etc. can be evenly mixed;
2. Good forming performance, not easy to break;
3. Prevent ice crystals and slippery tongue touch;
4. Good gloss and beautiful appearance.
(2) The role of noodles (instant noodles):
1. When mixing and pressing, it has strong viscosity and water retention, and contains water, so it is easy to mix;
2. After steam heating, a film protective layer is produced, the surface is smooth and shiny, and easy to process;
3. Low oil consumption for frying;
4. It can improve the noodle quality and strength, and it is not easy to break during packaging and transportation;
5. The taste is good, and the blisters will not stick.
Three) The role in the production of lactic acid bacteria beverage (yogurt):
1. Good stability, not easy to produce precipitation;
2. It can extend the shelf time of products;
3. Strong acid resistance, PH value in the range of 2-4;
4. It can improve the taste of the drink and make the entrance smooth.
we are manufacturers suppliers and exporters of sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC)welcome your contact for order.