Payment & Shipping Terms:
|CAS No.:||11138-66-2||E Number:||E415|
|Function:||Emulsifier, Thickener, Stabilizer, Filler, Binder|
food grade xanthan gum used in ice cream, juice, salad dressing, bread etc.
Xanthan gum is mainly used as a thickener, suspending agent, emulsifier and stabilizer in the food industry. Under certain harsh conditions (such as pH 3-9, temperature 80-130℃), its performance Basically stable, better than gelatin, agaric gum, pectin, etc. Generally speaking, the amount of xanthan gum added in food is 0.01%-0.8%. The application of xanthan gum in various foods is briefly described below.
(1) Application in pourable salad dressings. Xanthan gum is a tightly stabilized agent. Xanthan gum is used in typical emulsifiers because it has unique pH stability and can extend shelf life. In the future, this special property leads to easy pumping adjustment and infusion performance adjustment as well as improved salad adhesion. The common dosage of xanthan gum in this type of food is 0.1%-0.5%.
(2) Application in beverages Adding xanthan gum to beverages can effectively extend the suspension time of pulp beverages, increase stability, and increase the taste of apple and chocolate beverages.
In the process of processing the granular novel sweet jade jelly beverage, it is deemed appropriate to use 1.0% xanthan gum and 0.08% mushroom gum in combination with other food additives to stabilize the beverage and suspended particles. The processed jade rice beverage has the special fragrance of jade rice, the taste is fine and moist, the suspension of the particles is satisfactory, the fluidity is good, there is no life and other bad feelings.
In the processing of vegetable protein beverages, such as the processing of peanut plant protein beverages, the processing of hemp protein beverages, and the processing of sunflower beverages, the appropriate amount of xanthan gum is used in conjunction with other stable thickeners to reduce emulsifiers. Moreover, the product has good stability and stability.
The plant protein beverage made from the compound gum with xanthan gum as the main body has a great advantage in taste. When xanthan gum and guar gum are compounded, peanut milk has the best stability. The best compound ratio of xanthan gum and guar gum is 1:2, and the optimum compound dosage is 0.05%.
Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC)-xanthan gum is considered appropriate. When the concentration of CMC liquid is 0.1% and the concentration of xanthan gum is 0.4%, it can be used for processing beverages with particles in more than 4 hours. Experience in obtaining excellent levitation in the period of time. When the concentration of CMC liquid is 0.2% and the concentration of xanthan gum is 0.5%, there will be "eternal" suspension experience.
(3) Application in the food industry made of flour and water fermentation
Xanthan gum can be used in baked foods to increase water holding capacity and improve tissue structure. It can be combined with starch to restrict the aging of starch, extend the shelf life of baked commercial flour and water fermented food and refrigerated raw and agglomerated noodles; made by baking loose and soft commercial flour and water fermentation Xanthan gum can also be used as an egg substitute, especially to reduce the amount of egg white without affecting the appearance and taste. Adding xanthan gum to food spreads made by the fermentation of flour and water can block syneresis, thus avoiding the moisture in the sauce from being used for reference by foods made from the fermentation of flour and water.
A small amount of xanthan gum can be added during cake making to obtain a larger baking size cake. For solid particles such as raisins and nuts, use xanthan gum during the baking process to avoid hardening. By adding 0.1% to 0.4% of xanthan gum to baked foods, we can do our best to take care of the moisture of the food, restrict its syneresis and extend the shelf life.
(4) Application in meat products Xanthan gum is used in meat products, for example, as a stabilizer for sausages and injected brine ham mixtures, which can increase water holding capacity, make the meat texture smooth and tender, have good elasticity, and can be stored. Fang Hongmei et al. found that the use of 0.5% xanthan gum solution to soak beef in water can significantly increase the water retention and pH value of the beef, reduce the maximum shear force of the beef (p<0.05), and improve the tenderness of the beef. But it also brings obvious deterioration of the color of cow's light yellow and red.
(5) Application in canned foods The addition of xanthan gum to canned foods is easy to control the viscosity of the production process, can make the material easy to pump and fill, and is easy to maintain the appearance of the product. Xanthan gum has thermal stability, can replace local starch, improve the steam penetration experience when killing germs and shorten the time to kill germs. Because xanthan gum and locust bean gum mix together to form a gel, the production of canned food often uses this special property to freeze the soup, bind water, and restrict syneresis.
(6) Application in the dairy industry Xanthan gum can be used in dairy production to increase synergy, stabilize milkability, increase the stability of milk, and increase the shape retention of butter. Participating in xanthan gum can make the milk stable when stirring, and make the ice cream foam and expand better when whipping; during dessert hunger, it can avoid the separation of the mixture; the false standard of xanthan gum can increase the production of cheese spread food, it Re-appointment with galactomannose can prevent syneresis in country cheese desserts. He Qiang and others studied the influence of xanthan gum compound stabilizer on ice cream quality and flow to change gender. After compound stabilizer was added to ice cream, it improved the expansion rate and anti-ablation of ice cream.
(7) The application of xanthan gum and sugar in nutritional products can give the product a certain amount of aggregation, but xanthan gum can reduce calories (about 0.5kal/g). The addition of xanthan gum can effectively reduce the content of starch and sugar without affecting the taste and other organoleptic properties.
(8) Application in frozen food Adding xanthan gum can keep the food stable during the freezing-thawing and thawing process, increase the water holding capacity, reduce the formation of ice crystals, and accelerate the hydration and recovery speed of dehydrated food and maintain the color Glossy taste. Xanthan gum mixed with other hydrophilic colloids can give shaved ice a smooth structure, improve shelf life and withstand abnormal thermal shocks.
(9) Application in candies and candied fruits. Xanthan gum can be used in candies and candied fruits to increase temperature stability and make the products easier to process and manufacture. Adding 0.5g/L of xanthan gum and locust bean gum to processed starch jelly or candied fruit and other prescriptions can improve processing performance and greatly reduce processing time. Chocolate liquid sugar containing 0.5g/L-7.5g/L xanthan gum has greatly improved storage stability.