Payment & Shipping Terms:
|CAS No.:||11138-66-2||E Number:||E415|
|Function:||Emulsifier, Thickener, Stabilizer, Filler, Binder|
xanthan gum e415 food additive xanthan gum in food application
Xanthan gum has been accepted by many countries as a food additive E415. It has become an important stabilizer, suspending agent, emulsifier, thickener, binder and processing raw material with high added value and high quality in the fields of beverages, cakes, jelly, canned food, seafood and meat products processing. It can be summarized as the following aspects.
①The influence of xanthan gum on noodle quality
(1) The formation of gluten by xanthan gum has a tendency to strengthen first and then weaken, and the influence on water holding rate will affect other indicators of gluten.
(2) Xanthan gum has a better effect on improving the silty properties, but has a weakening effect on the tensile properties.
(3) Xanthan gum has little effect on the swelling potential of starch, and regularly decreases the initial gelatinization temperature of flour. The peak viscosity is the largest when the amount of colloid is 0.2.
(4) Xanthan gum has a good improvement on cooking characteristics. As the proportion of colloid increases, various indexes of cooking characteristics decrease.
(5) The addition of colloid increases the hardness, adhesiveness and chewiness of the texture of the noodles, while the adhesiveness and elasticity, cohesiveness and recovery are lower than those of the blank.