Payment & Shipping Terms:
|CAS NO.:||11138-66-2||E Number:||E415|
|Function:||Thickener,eumulsion Stabiliser, Binder, Filming Agent|
Xanthan gum is currently internationally integrated with thickening, suspension, emulsification and stabilization. A biological glue with superior performance. The number of pyruvate groups in the molecular side chain ends of xanthan gum has a great influence on its performance. Xanthan gum has the general properties of long-chain polymers, but it contains more functional groups than general polymers, and will show unique properties under certain conditions. Its conformation in aqueous solution is diverse and exhibits different characteristics under different conditions.
1. Suspension and emulsification: Xanthan gum has a good suspension effect on insoluble solids and oil droplets. Xanthan gum sol molecules can form super-bonded ribbon-like spiral copolymers, forming a fragile glue-like network structure, so it can support the form of solid particles, droplets and bubbles, showing strong emulsification stabilization and high suspension ability.
2. Good water solubility: Xanthan gum can quickly dissolve in water and has good water solubility. Especially it can dissolve in cold water, which saves complicated processing and is convenient to use. However, due to its strong hydrophilicity, if the water is added directly and the stirring is not sufficient, the outer layer will absorb water and expand into a micelle, which will prevent water from entering the inner layer, thereby affecting its function. Therefore, it must be used correctly. Xanthan gum dry powder or dry powder auxiliary materials such as salt and sugar are mixed well and then slowly added to the stirring water to make a solution for use.
3. Thickening: Xanthan gum solution has the characteristics of low concentration and high viscosity (the viscosity of 1% aqueous solution is equivalent to 100 times that of gelatin), and it is an efficient thickening agent.
4. Pseudoplasticity: The xanthan gum aqueous solution has high viscosity under static or low shear action. Under high shear action, the viscosity drops sharply, but the molecular structure remains unchanged. When the shearing force is eliminated, the original viscosity is immediately restored. The relationship between shear force and viscosity is completely plastic. The pseudoplasticity of xanthan gum is very prominent, which is extremely effective for stabilizing suspensions and emulsions.
5. Stability to heat: the viscosity of xanthan gum solution will not change greatly with the change of temperature, general polysaccharides will change viscosity due to heating, but the aqueous solution of xanthan gum will be between 10-80℃ There is almost no change in viscosity, and even a low concentration aqueous solution still shows a stable high viscosity in a wide temperature range. Heat 1% xanthan gum solution (containing 1% potassium chloride) from 25°C to 120°C. Its viscosity is only reduced by 3%.
6. Stability to acid and alkali: Xanthan gum solution is very stable to acid and alkali. Its viscosity will not be affected when the pH is 5-10. When the pH is less than 4 and greater than 11, the viscosity will change slightly. In the range of PH3-11, the viscosity is larger so that the difference between it and the smaller value is less than 10%. Xanthan gum can be dissolved in a variety of acid solutions, such as 5% sulfuric acid, 5% nitric acid, 5% acetic acid, 10% hydrochloric acid and 25% phosphoric acid, and these xanthan gum acid solutions are quite stable at room temperature. The quality of the products will not change after several months. Xanthan gum is also soluble in sodium hydroxide solution and has thickening properties. The resulting solution is very stable at room temperature. Xanthan gum can be degraded by strong oxidants, such as perchloric acid and persulfuric acid, and the degradation accelerates as the temperature increases.
7. Stability to salt: Xanthan gum solution can be miscible with many salt solutions (potassium salt, sodium salt, calcium salt, magnesium salt, etc.), and the viscosity is not affected. Under the condition of higher salt concentration, its solubility is maintained even in saturated salt solution without precipitation and flocculation, and its viscosity is hardly affected.
8. Stability to enzymatic hydrolysis: The stable double helix structure of xanthan gum has strong anti-oxidation and anti-enzymatic abilities, many enzymes such as protease, amylase, cellulase and hemicellulase Such enzymes cannot degrade xanthan gum.
xanthan gum powder uses:
Used as stabilizers, thickeners and processing aids for various purposes in the industry, including the production of canned and bottled foods, bakery foods, dairy products, frozen foods, salad dressings, beverages, brewing, confectionery, and pastries Color matching products, etc. When preparing food, it is easy to flow, easy to pour out, easy to pipe, and reduce energy consumption.